It was 85 degrees last night.
In.
My.
Bedroom.
*sigh*
Last night as I was lying in bed at 2:30 pleading myself to just fall asleep, I was thinking of all the things I took for granted at our last apartment. Like the working A/C. And the semi-gloss walls. And the maintenance crew who came and took care of problems quickly. And the bug spray guy (did I mention we have ants?).
"I love this place, I love this place, I love this place..."
Where did you move to again? Hawaii? It all sounds so familiar to me.
ReplyDeleteIs KY humid? I hate that story. I bet if you were Jamie you would have doused yourself in water and laid in front of the fan all night. I remember that's what she used to try to get me to do with her when we were hot as kids. Funny memory.
ReplyDeleteBut she must have been pretty persuasive since I tried it when I was pregnant with Aaron. It cooled me off but felt pretty gross.
Ants? Ick.
Yes, G--too humid for my taste. And you'd better believe I doused myself a few times and laid in front of the fan to cool off. And I even strategically placed a few wet washcloths over my legs and feet to help out.
ReplyDeleteIn Oregon I used to sleep with ice packs at night. Usually if I had one right about shoulder blade level or under my neck I could fall asleep pretty easily.
ReplyDeleteoh jodie! GET OUT OF THERE!
ReplyDeleteOh man! I am so sorry. It did not look that bad when we stopped in last week. What a horror story!
ReplyDeleteMy advice -- look over your contract and look for the clause about maintenance etc. They probabaly have a clause about specified living conditions. If they are in violation, you can get out of the lease - we got out of one because they were to take care of things in a timely manner and two weeks for AC in the summer is not timely.
You can also get your really fat big brother to call and pretend he is from the KY housing authority and tell them there have been complaints and that their property needs to be up to code or their business license will be at risk. (been there, done that). :)
It reminds me of when we moved from Hawaii to Utah and we weren't diggin' it. Every time I had a complaint about our new home, Mike made me say something that I liked about it too. Pretty soon it was easier to focus on all the good things. Just an idea :) Hope it gets easier!
ReplyDelete85 degrees in the middle of humid Kentucky and pregnant? Oh, it can't be THAT bad...haha
ReplyDelete