02 June 2008

A/C update

It's FIXED! We didn't realize there was a problem until Saturday night (it was cooler last week) and so we couldn't put in a maintenance request until today. So I went around 4:30 p.m. (Clark woke up at 4:50 this morning and refused to go back to sleep so we were both pretty grouchy all day and not in our right minds, otherwise I would have gone in a LOT sooner) and they came and took care of it rather quickly. The guy said that's all he had been doing all day long--fixing A/C units since this is the first time people have really been needing them.

With that said, though, we still have a handful of requests that haven't been attended to.

Anyways, enough complaining. I ran out of eggs but wanted to make cookies for Adrian since today was his first day of work (yay!) and found this great eggless cookie recipe. I loved it for two reasons: It tasted good and I (a pregnant lady who has to be careful about raw eggs) didn't feel guilty eating the dough or letting Clark eat it either...which is my favorite part! The recipe is from allrecipes.com but here it is with some of my changes and adjustments. (Be warned, though, that it's not very chocolaty in my opinion. If you like it more chocolaty, add more cocoa powder)

Eggless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


INGREDIENTS

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
(I also added some chocolate and butterscotch chips since I had a little left in both bags)

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  2. Cream together butter, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Mix in vanilla extract and cocoa powder, then add peanut butter, and stir until smooth. Gradually mix in the sifted ingredients until well blended. Pour milk into dough, and stir until fully combined.
  3. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 11 to 13 minutes. For a crunchier cookie, bake an additional minute or two.

6 comments:

  1. So glad the A/C is fixed. I just got a little excited when I saw your baby counter is down to less than 10 weeks! I am so so so very excited for you to finally have a baby and not be pregnant. :)

    Thanks for the recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same things (on both accounts!) Hooray about the A/c but I am really excited to not be pregnant...and mostly to have a baby to take care of this time! :) Hooray for less than 10 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, why is it that all good cookies have peanut butter in them? Whyyyyyy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh LJ--I'm sorry to torture you!! Peanut allergies stink, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, ma'am, they do. No-bakes with sunflower butter just don't cut the mustard. No ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting A/C fixed and on being so much closer to baby day! We are so excited for you guys.

    Yeah, it's 80+ in our home on a regular basis. Apparently in Michigan A/C is considered to be highly overrated and unnecessary. Go figure. If I ever mention it the locals look at me like I'm crazy. Maybe since it's so cold the rest of the year they're just happy to be sweaty?

    ReplyDelete