Neither, Jen. I just took a roll of store-brand biscuits (like pillsbury but $.50) and poked a hole in the middle, stuck it in hot oil for a bit, flipped to brown the other side and then drained on a paper towel and rolled it in sugar. I also used the holes to make donut holes. Isn't that how mom used to make them??? :)
I prefer the spelling "donuts." It's shorter and, in my opinion, looks better. Great looking kid as well!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I was thinking about making donuts for Ryan's birthday. Do you have Dad's recipe or someone else's?
ReplyDeleteNeither, Jen. I just took a roll of store-brand biscuits (like pillsbury but $.50) and poked a hole in the middle, stuck it in hot oil for a bit, flipped to brown the other side and then drained on a paper towel and rolled it in sugar. I also used the holes to make donut holes. Isn't that how mom used to make them??? :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
me
That just might BE Dad's recipe. :)
ReplyDeleteI can absolutely verify that IS Dad's recipe--that's the only way we EVER had them as kids.
ReplyDeleteI'm having amazing nostalgic memories just thinking about it...
yum!