19 June 2008

hiccups

One thing I forgot about pregnancy is baby hiccups. What a strange sensation. Almost as if I have a rhythmic muscle spasm in my belly. Clark got them all the time, and so does this guy. I also remember Clark having hiccups almost every day for the first 3 months of his life--maybe this little guy will have them too? Babies sure do funny things, don't they?

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes they do! I have felt the baby move a few times already, and its such a fun feeling! And I can tell when the baby is awake because I get the sharpest urge to run to the bathroom! Its so fun and so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jodie! This gave me such an intense desire to have another baby that I can't even describe it to you! BABY HICCUPS!!! (I'm in tears over here.) I forgot how wonderful and magical things like that were. *sniff, sniff* gotta get it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember feeling so bad for Simon when he had the hiccups in utero. It just seemed like it must have been so uncomfortable for him. And then he was born and whenever he got the hiccups he relaxed and fell asleep. Then I didn't feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete