I wouldn't be surprised if I was to learn that Clark has a photographic memory. Today during dinner he asked if he could tell me about a book he read today, then proceeded to recite the whole book verbatim. When asked how on earth he could remember all those words he just claimed that it was an easy book.
He also has a loose tooth, and is NOT excited. I noticed it yesterday and got excited for him and he did not want to talk about it, or for me to touch it, or for any attention to be paid to it. I told him I thought it was awesome because it means he's growing up and he wasn't too thrilled.
What is it with children thinking that they MUST talk to you as soon as you get on the phone? My mother called today and no matter what I did Peter just kept trying to get my attention. "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom...." while following me around the house. When I hung up (it was only like a 5 minute conversation) exasperated I asked WHAT on earth was so important. But since I had hung up, he no longer needed me and ran away. Gah!
This one is in the independent stage. And we all know how sweet and maddening it is at the same time. Her prayers usually go something like this:
Dad: Claire, do you want to say the prayer?
Claire: Yes! By myself. Heavenly Father, thank you for this day...... Mom?
Mom: We're thankful for our family
Claire: Not help! By Myself! ...thankful for family.....Mom?
Mom: Bless us to be kind
Claire: No! By MYSELF! ....bless us kind.....Mom?
Mom: In the name...
Claire: No ME. In the name...
And this stinking cute child is so.dang.happy. He's starting to stare people down until they look at him then reward them with a HUGE grin. He also sucks on anything he can get into his hands--usually his or other peoples fingers or blankets--and can stick his whole fist in his mouth to gnaw on. A few days ago I was holding him and eating a pear and since he's so grabby, I let him grab it and start sucking on it. You'd have thought it was manna from heaven. He sucked and gnawed and ate almost the whole slice! I'm not ready to regularly give him solids, but he sure did love it (and a banana that I let him gnaw on on another occasion). Love that boy.

what cute kiddos you have! Calvin does that too! he doesn't stare us down, but when we turn our attention to him, his face totally lights up. i can see him thinking "dude! they're talking to me!! sweet!!!" it's so sweet.
ReplyDelete