So, there isn't a lot to tell about the costumes, but I wanted to remember what I did anyways.
The older boys really wanted to be "hairy, scary tarantulas" and because I like themed costumes and because I'm not sure I knew how to make tarantulas, I convinced them they wanted to just be spiders and that Claire would be Little Miss Muffet. They were, fortunately, okay with the idea.
Clark's and Peter's costumes were easy enough. I bought these sweatshirts last year clearanced at $1.50 and then bought extra black fabric for the arms (stuffed with grocery bags to keep them light) and hats. The arms are connected with fishing line and the pants are pajama pants.
Claire's costume was a lot of fun. I had been given the pink fabric a long while back and the white is from an old bed sheet. I just had to buy the eyelet lace. I didn't use a pattern but went off of this picture and used parts of this tutorial for the dress and this tutorial for the hat. I am pleased to say that it turned out exactly how I wanted it to and I didn't even have to unpick anything. Ha!
A few days ago I realized Adam still didn't have anything, so I cut up
this old shirt of Adrian's and it had just enough fabric to make his
whole costume. I didn't realize, though, that it had literally no
stretch so I couldn't fit it over his head. I was able to cut a slit in
the back, add a few inches of fabric and a bit of velcro and called it
good. I worked well enough for the one time he wore it (the trunk or
treat).
Overall, they loved them and I'm glad I don't have to do it again until next year! :)




They all turned out so cute!
ReplyDelete