The truth is that I really love the newborn stage, but Adam is a bit fussy and a bit "prickly" as a sweet woman in my ward put it so I am secretly glad that he's getting older and bigger. Hopefully his body will grow out of some of the issues he's having. And that he'll sleep past 5:00 am. Breastfeeding has also been a bit harder this time around since he's less able to handle my milk flow (can you say fire hose?) so that's taken a few weeks to figure out as well. Supposedly my body will regulate itself soon *crossing fingers*. He loves to be held and doesn't love to not be. He isn't a fan of my Moby wrap, but I've ordered a pocket sling and have high hopes that he'll like it better.
BUT on a much more positive note, he is such a cutie. He always has a deer-in-the-headlights look, which we all find hilarious. He is beginning to focus a little more on faces, which makes Peter overjoyed. He loves to be held and definitely knows who his mama is. Claire's favorite thing to do is shove the pacifier in his mouth (which she gets plenty of opportunity) and all of the kids are constantly asking to hold him. In comparing baby pictures of our kids, he looks the most like Clark! We love you Adam, buddy! Happy first month!


Okay, top picture is adorable!!!!!
ReplyDeleteClaire is SO STINKING CUTE in these pictures! I love how she's peeking over the top of the bouncy seat. and her expression when she's kissing him is adorable.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it make you just swell with pride to look at that top picture of all your cute kids? I would...
ReplyDeleteAlso, I find it slightly ironic that he's pretty much dead asleep in these pictures when he's normally having a hard time in that department. Silly boy.
Hopefully things will improve all the time. I know we're not supposed to want them to grow up and all...but I tend to enjoy getting past the first 6-8 weeks at least so we can start seeing smiles, sleeping better, etc etc. Good luck with the new sling!