
I started showing incredibly early this pregnancy. By the time I was 11 weeks I was well into maternity wear and had to go buy new jeans. I got asked at least once a week when I was due, and since I was so big compared to how far along I was, if I was having twins (I had friends, family members, a worker at the grocery store I frequent, even the lady helping me buy new jeans ask me!) . I felt more sick and more awful than I had remembered being in previous pregnancies.
But, now that I am 16 weeks, I feel as though my body has *finally* regulated growth, if that means anything. I don't feel as out of proportion anymore (I compared my 16 week belly to pictures of about the same time with past pregnancies and I am only slightly bigger this time around). I was even told by someone at Adrian's office today that I'm "just barely beginning to show" (granted she is 32 weeks along and quite large, but that's beside the point).
I'm pretty confident that there is just one baby hanging around in there. Of course, there is the fact that I think I've felt baby movement at different places on my belly that are higher up than my uterus should be with just one baby. Also, that I usually don't feel my babies until closer to 22 weeks. That could be saying something. But I'm probably just scaring myself.
I have my first appointment next week. They may or may not do an ultrasound, so I get to just be patient. The truth is that I don't really care how many babies are in there (though my life would be significantly easier if there was only one!) I'm really just hoping to hear a heartbeat. I need to dispel the fear that I've stopped growing because my baby has stopped growing as well...some fears will never go away.
So now's the time to cast your vote. When I *do* find out what we're having, I'll be sure to announce it, but until then hit me with your best guesses: twins? single? boy? girl? What do you think?
Okay, so I am sure it's just one (I like to scare you a little...) but just for fun, I'm gonna go with TWINS-two BOYS!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you guys! You know that twins DEFINITELY run in the family. I would LOVE twins! Only going through the pain of birth once for 2 babies (well, only have to recoup once). Yes it'd be easier with 1, but look at the connections with our parents and their twins. Do I think you could be having twins? Its a possibility but I'm not convinced of it. And I'm guessing boy. =) Love you Jodie!
ReplyDeleteI have no guesses for you on boy/girl or twins, but if you are having twins hopefully you will have one boy and one girl. It's fun like that! 16 weeks is when I found out I was having twins. :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI think you look adorable! I showed REALLY early with my second- like, big belly at just 8 or 9 weeks. Then it just plateaued, and no growth for a while. Maybe your baby just comes in spurts.:)
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's twins, mostly because I'm terrified by the idea of TWO newborns;). But then, one of the best parts of being a mommy so far has been watching my kids play together... I can only imagine that's even better with twins.
You know where I stand.
ReplyDeleteTotally Twins! One Boy, One Girl!
ReplyDeleteI would not guess twins by how you LOOK. I think that those muscles just relax quicker with each pregnancy, and that's why you showed a little earlier. And I'd love for you to have another girl, so that's what I'll guess. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful. I say one baby boy. :-) I could be wrong, but hey, baby girls are so great, too. :-)
ReplyDelete