10 September 2011

Marshmallows and toothpicks

Last week it was nearing bedtime but not close enough to start the routine. Everyone was feeling a little crazy and so I quickly went into "project mode" and recalled this activity. It was an absolute hit!
Peter really got into it and made shapes with his marshmallows and toothpicks (he made like 10 really large, awesome shapes)
Clark got a little frustrated because he wanted to build with them, but hasn't quite figured out the engineering behind it all. So he and I built together.

And Claire thought it was the best activity ever because she just laid on the table shoveling marshmallows in as fast as she could.

And we made it to bedtime melt-down free. I'd call it an all-around successful night.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I wish I could just think up fun, not messy, stress-free kiddo activities. but that's what the internet's for I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one brilliant, FUN Mama! Love it. AND... I think your kids are adorable. Love those pics.

    ReplyDelete