All summer the boys have been literally BEGGING to do a lemonade stand. I avoided it as long as I could. Yesterday I realized that from now until winter-time every Saturday morning is scheduled with soccer games so I finally obliged. We made the sign, made some cookies, and sat outside for an hour or so on the hottest day all week (It was brutal!). We had 3 customers (our nice old neighbor that had been working in his front yard and two young girls who passed by). I was so grateful for our neighbor because Clark had been complaining that no one wanted our lemonade and was so excited when he walked across the street and asked for a cup and ate a cookie. I could have hugged him!


Truthfully, I'm glad we got the lemonade stand checked off and out of their system. :) Hopefully they won't ask again, at least until next year!
What a good mom!! My dad always got upset if we didn't turn a profit! Old habits die hard I guess!
ReplyDeleteWith that awesome sign, I'm surprised they weren't lined up around the block! I'm glad the boys have fun. If you ever decide to do a garage sale, or have some event going on in your neighborhood, that's a great time to let them have a go, too!
ReplyDelete