10 August 2011

We had a visitor! (Lots of pictures)

Okay, so we actually have had a few visitors this summer but this last week my 10-yr-old nephew, Will, came to visit. We tried to do a lot of really fun things so he would want to come back! I hope that we succeeded.

Day 1 (Thurs): He arrived in the evening and we ended up rushing out to Graeter's for an early birthday treat for Adrian.

Day 2 (Fri): The kids and I headed to the Science Center. It. Was. Awesome.
I think everyone had a blast! The favorite section for all was the awesome water table in the "under 7" section.
This bridge was in the "Chronicles of Narnia" traveling exhibit and I forgot that I wasn't allowed to take pictures. Oops.

Later that evening, we all went to Red Robin for Adrian's birthday dinner.

Day 3 (Sat): We headed down to Sheperdsville, KY for the first time to try out Kart Kountry. It. Was. Awesome. Everyone loved the go-karts, though Peter thought they were a little loud.

Then we cooled off in the arcade then played a round of miniature golf.
Day 4 (Sun): Our church switched to 9 a.m. and I think Will fell asleep in the car to church and in Sacrament meeting...but I can't blame him since he was still on AZ time, which is 3 hours different! I was feeling rather tired myself.

Day 5 (Mon): We didn't do a lot. We grocery shopped and planned on swimming at the YMCA in the evening. Unfortunately it was closed and so we went to a splash pad instead. Other than a boy who followed Will around, I think we all had fun.

Day 6 (Tues): We went back to the splash pad, had a quick trip to Sonic for happy hour, and said our goodbyes!

We sure had a lot of fun with him here! My boys couldn't make a single decision until they knew what Will was doing so they could copy him ("What's Will going to eat?" "What does Will want to do?" "I want to hold Will's hand"...). It may have gotten a little annoying for Will, but he was such a great sport and such a great help! Thanks for coming, Will. You are welcome back any time!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I shouldn't put this out there on the www, but I'm pretty sure I once had a photo of some friends that included a behind shot of a pants-less, 2 yr old Will which was taken when I went to AZ my freshman year of college and first was introduced to the wonderful Cozzas. He was a highly entertaining toddler, so I have no doubt he's even more fun now :)

    ReplyDelete