Adrian came in on Friday with two very awesome surprises: our first two eggs from our chickens! We hadn't expected them so soon (we thought it wouldn't be for another few weeks) so we were so excited! Clark got a little over-excited and dropped one, but it didn't matter because we had another tiny little egg to dote over. I was so excited I almost squealed.

When hens first start laying, the eggs are small but get bigger in time. But we love looking at it and Peter asks about 6 times a day if he can see the "baby egg". We're excited for more in the future!!
What a perfect looking egg! That is exciting!
ReplyDeleteDon't know how you feel - but those first few "baby" eggs are hard for me to break open and eat. I feel like I need a special occasion or a ceremony or something.
ReplyDeleteyeah, Jamie, I feel the same way. We just open the carton a bunch of times to look at them. :) But we did use one for banana bread, which was a special occasion of sorts. :)
ReplyDeleteSOO fun!! Enjoy those hens! We sure love ours.
ReplyDelete