We dropped him off at his classroom and as I was leaving I lingered at the door to see if he would glance up or say goodbye or something, but no. He was coloring and too excited. All day long I was sort of pacing and looking at the clock wondering if it was time to pick him up. When it was finally time (jt's all-day kindergarten here, unfortunately) he got in the car and said "it was FUN!" and has been excited about going every day since. I am glad he loves it, and I do love the new routine and schedule, but I do still miss him. I'm glad that he's growing up!
Curious - is he bussed? Far???
ReplyDeleteGlad he's loving every bit of it. Emma too.
Not bussed. I'm driving him (though I guess we could walk but it's almost a mile (.8) so I estimate it would take us about a half hour, and I'm not quite ready for that in this weather. :)
ReplyDeleteHe looking so grown up!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad he's loving it! He so sweet, I love that smile! Congratulations Mamma! One transition down & well done.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! We just went through the same thing. She loves school, though, so it's been good. But definitely the biggest change in the family since we went from one child to two.
ReplyDelete