The kids and I went to a new splash pad/park in town. It was awesome. We all wore swimsuits. We all got wet. We had a GREAT time. Until Mr. Independent decided that he could get out of the toddler swing by himself. He can't, by the way. He ended up smacking his chin and biting his tongue really badly. I didn't think it was a big deal until I realized the amount of blood coming from his mouth. Luckily there were a few friends there to take Claire so I could attend to Peter. Apparently tongues heal quickly so they don't usually get stitched up, so we will just watch it until it heals.

Good thing this kid is tough because he was back out playing in less than 5 minutes.
The second FAIL of the day was when I wore my swim suit, forgot to bring an extra shirt, and didn't put on sunscreen. I know better. Forgive this scandalous picture of my shoulder (eek!) But after I lathered up the kids with sunblock, I quickly rubbed the extra stuff onto my shoulders just to wipe it somewhere. You can see that the sunblock did its job very well. I'm such an idiot sometimes.
Oh my! That tongue wound looks OWY! Fortunately mouth wounds heal so quickly.
ReplyDeleteYou'd think that living in AZ would teach us to sunblock as our daily dress routine. I'm pretty sure I have peeling skin in that same area from a recent burn as well. We'll learn, right? And what a trooper he is! Is it affecting him eating at all?
ReplyDeleteI love the handprint! I did almost the same thing this weekend, and am currently paying the painful price...
ReplyDeleteOuch on both accounts. I love that kids really do bounce back. I see peeling in your future. My husband burns like that too but he rarely puts on sunblock. Silly man. Did you plant some aloe vera in your garden. It might come in handy if the rest of your family is as sun sensitive as you are :-) Hope you both feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteHAHA! I don't mean to laugh, but you have to admit...it is kinda funny. ;) Get some aloe and you'll be fine in a few days. I gotta know what kind of sunscreen you use, cause it looks really effective! I put sunscreen on Cami's face like three times yesterday, and yet she still got burned. She was in rough shape at the end of the day...
ReplyDeletePS. You've been a blogging QUEEN lately. Good work!
it's totally funny, Laura. I feel so stupid, though, because like Mari said, living in AZ should have taught me to live in sunscreen. Oh well...it's not that painful today.
ReplyDeleteWow, and wow! How does his tongue look now?
ReplyDelete@jenerekfamilyamazing, actually. It still has a little hole but he has not once complained about it since.
ReplyDelete