Adrian named Gertrude, whom we affectionately call "Trudy". The first evening we had the chicks, Adrian and I were convinced that we were going to wake up and she'd be dead. She was weaker than the others and we went to bed almost mourning her loss but she has since thrived and can hold her own. She is almost as big and mean as Big Red.
Jillian is what Clark chose to name this chick (After a favorite book in our house). She's one of the smaller ones but Clark often requests to hold her because she's "feisty".
And Peter named the last chick Pepper (with a little help). She is the smallest and her feathers aren't growing in as quickly. She also gets stepped on a lot and (I predict) she'll be at the bottom of the pecking order. But I also predict that she's going to be the most beautiful.

We love our chicks and Claire would spend hours looking at them if we'd let her.
(This was their first home and a picture of when they were still less than a week old. They have since grown significantly larger and required a larger home).
We love our chicks and Claire would spend hours looking at them if we'd let her.
We are excited about this new adventure and our first experience having pets. So far they've been relatively easy and low-maintenance. Hopefully that will continue and we'll be eating fresh eggs in a few months! Wish us luck!
I did NOT notice that in the last post - I was too focused on your other girl - Claire, and how grown she looks and how much hair she has (but duh, now I see).
ReplyDeleteYes, good luck for a lot of reasons. First of all, good luck that they'll all be girls! Looks like we'll be going this week to get some already-hatched chicks as our eggs don't seem to be working out after all. I'm curious what kinds you got. I can't identify them in their chick-stage.
That's funny. I was going to ask you if that was real in your last post or if you had somehow photoshopped it in for Easter. I love it! Your kiddos are too cute.
ReplyDelete