25 November 2010

Thanksgiving Daily

I had an, um, rough morning yesterday. It started with having to drag my 3 kids to the store to get ground ginger (the ONLY thing I needed!) and continued with the store being completely out of ginger, me deciding to go to a second store and trying to get my kids from the cart into the car in the pouring rain while the cart was rolling down this hill and Clark's shoe fell off and I couldn't reach down because I had to hold the cart and because I was trying to hold a blanket over Claire in her carrier to keep her dry, and he was frustrated, and we were all pretty miserable. You know how it goes sometimes. Then it was a struggle to maintain the rest of the morning and by nap time I was completely exhausted. Then I happened to watch this video:



I am glad I did. I was able to really sit and think about the many things I take advantage of daily, and how grateful I am for them. Then came my mental list of the things I was grateful for that day: I am grateful for a van that can fit all of our family comfortably. I am grateful for money that we can buy food with. I am grateful for all three of my wonderful children, and for their ability to learn and grow. I am grateful that we are all healthy and I am grateful that Clark has feet in which shoes can fall off of. I am grateful that I have a home to live in to stay dry from the rain. I am grateful for my husband for an ear to listen to calm me when I get a little frazzled. I am so blessed, and I'm glad to be reminded of it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It is really a blessing to be able to see things with new eyes every now and then . . . and I suppose if we work at it we can see things with new eyes every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie - this was a very touching post. I love you so very much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete