08 September 2010

Camping it up

Over the weekend we went camping at Red River Gorge with some friends. It was a lot of fun, but there were definitely things I'd change next time. We were completely unprepared for the weather (COLD at night!) and the boys and I almost froze to death that first night. We were there 3 nights and 2 full days and squeezed in a lot of fun.

Adrian took the boys canoeing (no pictures, sorry. I was back at camp sleeping because of the rough night) and fishing (really we just had 2 kid fishing poles without hooks that they kept "fishing" with in this really tiny stream next to our camp ground. I think this was Clark's favorite thing to do since he begged to do it again and again).



We did crafts (a lot of glue and little anything else)
We went out for pizza at this local hot-spot. (Miguel's Pizza) It was yummy! It was also here where Clark had his very first (EVER) taste of carbination...but only because he snuck a taste from a friend's bottle. Fortunately he didn't like it too much ("Is that spicy juice, Mom?") and was happy with water the rest of the trip.



We went to a hoe-down.

We hiked to the Natural Bridge.
The family picture on the bridge was accidentally taken in video mode, but if you look in the background of this next picture you can see the natural bridge.


We also roasted a million marshmallows, ate a ton of junk food, played games, and tried keeping our kids quiet and out of everyone else's campsites (which was harder than you'd think!). Overall we had a great time. Thanks, again, Laura for the invite!

2 comments:

  1. SO FUN!! I loved that video of Clark dancing, so awesome. Looks like a beautiful place to camp! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete