This kid is absolutely hilarious. I'll do my best to describe some of his most recent antics and personality but I don't think I will really be able to do him justice. He is a riot.
*First and foremost, he is completely fearless. He climbs on top of everything: counters, bookshelves, couch arms, stools, and I'm surprised this list doesn't include the refrigerator.
*He can be found at any given time holding (and usually running with) a chopstick, a fork, a pair of tweezers, a stick, or a screwdriver. Does anyone else see the problem? The cut on the picture above is from a broken chopstick...I'm glad it wasn't worse.
*If I haven't seen him in a few minutes and he's quiet I can bet he's found something food-related and is gorging himself. For example, there was the time when he ate half of a giant box of raisins (now *that* was a gross diaper). Or when I was showering then came down to find that he had eaten the rest of the bag of dum-dum suckers (8, I think). Or when I found him in the living room with the 72 oz bag of chocolate chips that he had gnawed a hold through and was thoroughly enjoying himself. Or when I found him standing on the counter eating giant marshmallows (playing fuzzy bunnies?). And those are just the ones I remember.
*He loves art supplies but forgets how to use them appropriately. For example, if I'm not watching him like a hawk he likes to write on my walls with pens or markers, use scissors for anything but paper, and dump my expensive glitter all over the place.
*He has the cutest grin that makes it really REALLY hard for me to get mad at.
*He is currently obsessed with car transporters and will put a car on top of anything and call it a car transporter (like two cars, or a car on a train, or a car on top of a spoon, or a car on a block, etc.).
*He is an amazingly sweaty and perpetually sticky kid. And he is always eating something.
*He weighs only about 4 pounds less than Clark and can wear the same size shorts. He could probably wear the same size shirts if Clark's torso wasn't so long. Peter's shoe size is only one size lower but they're MUCH fatter than Clark's. Also, Peter has tree trunk legs.
*He talks so well and we can understand about 90% of what he says. He talks in sentences and loves to say his own prayers (they're kind of like: Heavenly Father, day, Mom, Dad, Clark, Peter, Claire, Mom, Dad, Clark, Peter, Amen.). He loves to hear himself scream and I think his favorite phrase at the moment is "Peter do it". I think he has the cutest voice and I love to hear him pronounce hard words.
*He is quite a stubborn child and is not easily distracted once his mind is set. He is very independent and insists on doing EXACTLY what Clark does or have EXACTLY what Clark has. If Clark doesn't want it, then neither does Peter. This makes it difficult when Clark is doing something that a 2-year-old shouldn't be able to do. But Peter is extremely observant and smart and almost always figures out how to do it anyways.
*The other day I wanted to see how much he knows since I NEVER do school with him like I did for Clark, and I have seriously never sat down to try to teach him. But through observing he has learned the entire alphabet minus 4 letters. He can count to 20 (though the numbers 12-15 get jumbled and all sound like the number 13). He can recognize and name numbers 1-5, a circle, square, star, and triangle. And yellow and orange are the only colors he can get right every time. Not bad for a 2-year0old that has not been taught in a traditional sense.
*He is rough and tough, but is my cuddly child that loves to be held, snuggled, and tickled. He always wants to sit on a lap and give kisses (especially to Claire!). He is very sensitive and cries at reprimands and automatically gives hugs and kisses if he hurts someone.
I know this was a long post, but I sure do love that boy. He is makes me so happy and so crazy. I laugh non-stop at his antics and his craziness makes for good story-telling. :) I am so glad he's mine!
*First and foremost, he is completely fearless. He climbs on top of everything: counters, bookshelves, couch arms, stools, and I'm surprised this list doesn't include the refrigerator.
*He can be found at any given time holding (and usually running with) a chopstick, a fork, a pair of tweezers, a stick, or a screwdriver. Does anyone else see the problem? The cut on the picture above is from a broken chopstick...I'm glad it wasn't worse.
*If I haven't seen him in a few minutes and he's quiet I can bet he's found something food-related and is gorging himself. For example, there was the time when he ate half of a giant box of raisins (now *that* was a gross diaper). Or when I was showering then came down to find that he had eaten the rest of the bag of dum-dum suckers (8, I think). Or when I found him in the living room with the 72 oz bag of chocolate chips that he had gnawed a hold through and was thoroughly enjoying himself. Or when I found him standing on the counter eating giant marshmallows (playing fuzzy bunnies?). And those are just the ones I remember.
*He loves art supplies but forgets how to use them appropriately. For example, if I'm not watching him like a hawk he likes to write on my walls with pens or markers, use scissors for anything but paper, and dump my expensive glitter all over the place.
*He has the cutest grin that makes it really REALLY hard for me to get mad at.
*He is currently obsessed with car transporters and will put a car on top of anything and call it a car transporter (like two cars, or a car on a train, or a car on top of a spoon, or a car on a block, etc.).
*He is an amazingly sweaty and perpetually sticky kid. And he is always eating something.
*He weighs only about 4 pounds less than Clark and can wear the same size shorts. He could probably wear the same size shirts if Clark's torso wasn't so long. Peter's shoe size is only one size lower but they're MUCH fatter than Clark's. Also, Peter has tree trunk legs.
*He talks so well and we can understand about 90% of what he says. He talks in sentences and loves to say his own prayers (they're kind of like: Heavenly Father, day, Mom, Dad, Clark, Peter, Claire, Mom, Dad, Clark, Peter, Amen.). He loves to hear himself scream and I think his favorite phrase at the moment is "Peter do it". I think he has the cutest voice and I love to hear him pronounce hard words.
*He is quite a stubborn child and is not easily distracted once his mind is set. He is very independent and insists on doing EXACTLY what Clark does or have EXACTLY what Clark has. If Clark doesn't want it, then neither does Peter. This makes it difficult when Clark is doing something that a 2-year-old shouldn't be able to do. But Peter is extremely observant and smart and almost always figures out how to do it anyways.
*The other day I wanted to see how much he knows since I NEVER do school with him like I did for Clark, and I have seriously never sat down to try to teach him. But through observing he has learned the entire alphabet minus 4 letters. He can count to 20 (though the numbers 12-15 get jumbled and all sound like the number 13). He can recognize and name numbers 1-5, a circle, square, star, and triangle. And yellow and orange are the only colors he can get right every time. Not bad for a 2-year0old that has not been taught in a traditional sense.
*He is rough and tough, but is my cuddly child that loves to be held, snuggled, and tickled. He always wants to sit on a lap and give kisses (especially to Claire!). He is very sensitive and cries at reprimands and automatically gives hugs and kisses if he hurts someone.
I know this was a long post, but I sure do love that boy. He is makes me so happy and so crazy. I laugh non-stop at his antics and his craziness makes for good story-telling. :) I am so glad he's mine!
I love reading about how much you love him. Isn't it amazing the details we know about our children. I love it! Great post!
ReplyDeleteWOW - I could see every detail as you wrote it. HE IS SO DARN FUN!!! Please make a book for each of your kids from all your posts. You can even get a free book I think. This list will be great and so fun to read when the boys are older. Do it! I LOVE PETER!!
ReplyDeleteLOL I just had to laugh out loud. This sounds like my kids. All of them. Except the gorging. That would just be Keane. Aren't our kids fun!? I love it.
ReplyDeleteYikes, so glad his eye is safe! What a crazy, funny kid! He is so much fun. Did you make his curious george cake? It is so cute. Happy Birthday Peter!
ReplyDeleteThere is something about the second child that tend to have those characteristics. Funny that.
ReplyDeleteI loved the bit about the chocolate chips and gnawing the bag. AAHHAHAHAHA!~ that was my favorite part. But, I'm sure it can be scary/hard at times :)
ReplyDelete