26 June 2010

What do the boys think?


Clark is kind of indifferent. He knows she's here, he reminds me every day that "Claire is out of your belly," and he's happy that he now gets to sit in the back seat of the van, but he ignores her for the most part (which is easy since she's always asleep and quiet).

Peter on the other hand wouldn't ignore her if I begged. Peter is absolutely in love with Claire. He ALWAYS wants to know where she is. He HAS to kiss her lips whenever he sees her, whether she's asleep or not...which sometimes makes it difficult to nurse, if you know what I mean. But kissing her anywhere else isn't good enough. He is constantly crawling on the bed next to her and touching her and wanting to pick her up. If I'm ever holding her, he sits next to me and grabs her to put on his own lap and when I take her away he gets upset. I sometimes use her as a bribe to make Peter do things "lay down on your bed and I'll let Claire lay next to you" etc. He loves her that much. And it really makes me happy. And Claire just takes Peter in stride. She usually sleeps through his kisses and is calm when he holds her. I hope he loves her and takes care of her all their lives.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Peter sounds like such a sweetie! Of course Clark is too I am sure. How fun for you to finally have a little girl. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like an older brother lookin' out for ya. That's awesome! Ah, I remember the awkward nursing kisses. haha. BTW how exciting that your bro. is home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of Peter. What sweet brothers and what a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete