23 November 2009

The Beard and Savior of the World

So, as I've mentioned before, Adrian and I were in our Stake's production of Savior of the World. It was a fabulous experience for us both despite the HUGE time committment it was.
Here is the cast. Adrian is in the very center and I am up top third from the left (my costume looks extremely yellow compared to the others but there were actually others in yellow. Many of the cast doubled as angels and used their same tunics for both parts. Some were yellow, some tan, etc.)
I've also mentioned that since Adrian played the part of John (the Beloved), he grew his beard out for a little over a month. We were both a little surprised that he was able to grow a beard so well.
Here he is in full costume. He got many comments on how "perfect" he was for the part. I agree--he did a great job and I think he looks the part as well.

Even so, both of us were ECSTATIC when the play ended on Saturday so he could shave it off. Bye, bye beard!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. How fun! Adrian looks pretty good in a beard. Are you sure you want him to shave it? I kind of like beards, but then I'm sure you'd guess why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Adrian. I am very impressed by your facial hair growing abilities. Who knew? I'm just glad it was you and not me. I am pretty sure I would have been less "perfect for the part" and more "middle school boy who hasn't learned to shave yet."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the most beautiful post ever. It made me so emotional seeing your entire cast. The costumes and the group looked outstanding. There in the center is Adrian. He looked so amazingly perfect. The cast is beautiful and the angels are beautiful - especially Jodie. - What an incredible experience that you will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the Brawny man? Awesome beard. I think I'd fall into the same category as Micah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how cool! he does look perfect for the part. and i'm sure you guys are thrilled it's over. growing up, our stake did a big production like that too. huge deal. and beards were shaved the night it ended;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, he was perfect for the part! You guys both did great, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete