13 July 2009

The little guy

I haven't posted about the little guy in a while. I sure do love having two boys with completely different personalities and dispositions. It makes life interesting at times, but also so fun.


Peter is our spirited child. :) He can be very stubborn and is not easily distracted. That boy gets something on his mind and is so DETERMINED to follow through. I have a hard time focusing his attention elsewhere. For example, if he sees Clark's tower of blocks he HAS to fight and squirm until he's gone over and knocked it down, no. matter. what. Crazy boy.

Currently he can stand on his own very well. He's pretty confident with his ability and is close to walking. He will only take about one or two steps...but it'll happen soon enough. He will climb up on anything, though. We have a little barrier to keep him from climbing up the stairs (still no railing, which means no baby gate) but you'd better believe he tries scaling it on a daily basis.

On Sunday I noticed his first tooth peeking out! I swear he's been teething for months now since he seems to want to chew on everything (I think my shoulder is currently his favorite teething toy) so to have one finally pop out is exciting.

I took the boys to the doctor a few days ago. It's funny to me that my boys are 27 months apart and have only an 8 pound difference in weight. But apparently it's normal since both are close to the 50th percentile for their ages. (Which reminds me of another example of his personality...when we were at the doctor, Clark was given a sucker. I think Peter is too young to have a sucker so he didn't get one. And Peter was LIVID. Not that he even knows what a sucker is, but he knew that Clark had something that he didn't have and he fought so hard to get it from Clark. Sheesh).

Anyways, he really is so much fun. He is such a giggly, cuddly, darling little boy that turns one next month!! Where has the time gone...?

5 comments:

  1. Love the bottom pic. Love it. Also, the sucker story. Ha! Little people are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and adorable little guy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kiddo updates. He really is adorable. He sounds a LOT like Everett. So focused and determined! But also very fun and lovable, cuddly, with a good sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personalities are what keep parenting exciting!!! Loved the update and can't believe he's almost 1 either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like him. He's a keeper. Good work you two!

    ReplyDelete