01 January 2009

"Happy" New Year

Did we stay up until midnight to "ring in the new year"? No. But don't worry, I was still able to "ring in" at 12:45, 1:30, 3:30, 5:15, 6:30, and 7:30.

2009 New Year's resolution: Get my baby to sleep through the night.

9 comments:

  1. Ooh Peter sleeps as well as Lillian did...not at all. Great resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! We still have the occasional waking and my little guy's almost 17months. G and I are going away for his interviews together and I have to admit I am so excited to have 4 nights of restful sleep in a row! A mother's work is never done. But do try to enjoy those wakings... you'll miss those baby days soon enough. Oh, and have you rented any good movies to watch while you're up ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dejavu. Went to bed at a reasonable hour. Looked at the clock far too many times. Happy New Year, baby.

    Happy New Year, Heiselts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what everyone I know would say to that.

    "Oh, he/she must be teething."

    I hate that that's the answer to everything.

    But you never know, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter!! You'd better be nicer to your Mommy and Dad! They are so good to you.

    The only solution I know of is not very attachment parenting friendly and involves lots of crying. Better luck to you and yours in your quest for good sleeping habits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I've given up on the attachment parenting with this one, Missy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I hope the sleep thing goes well. As in I hope it is something that happens in the next month or so and not by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am delurkifying myself!

    Jodie, call me next time in the middle of the night and we can chat. Esther likes the nightlife too!

    However, I have learned unique ways to fall asleep in a chair so I am learning something from the process.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete