One of Adrian's co-worker's husbands (say that ten times fast) gave us tickets to see horse races at Churchill Downs (home of the Kentucky Derby) last weekend. Since it is the epitome of Kentucky living we decided to go check it out. When I think of "races" I have flashbacks of high school when I worked in the concessions stand at a speedway (along with every other teen in my ward since one of the owners lived in the ward). I won't say it was the nicest of places and most everyone wore grubbies since chunks of dirt went flying everywhere. Well, the horse track attracts a much different crowd. I mean, I actually dressed up to go; no jeans for me. Adrian wore a button up shirt and slacks. Needless to say, it was definitely different than what I had expected.
We spent time looking around the track, playing in the "junior jockey club", looking at the horses, and watching a couple of races.


It was fun but not something we'd pay to go to again. We got asked by a bunch of people which horse we were betting for...uh none, but thanks.
That is so cool! How fun!
ReplyDeleteLooks like Clark loved every minute!
ReplyDelete