
It was eventful, to say the least. The orchard itself was small and not very well groomed. Which caused lot of this:

Which inevitably led to this:
Yep, a bee sting. And because I remembered my bee sting of last year, I quickly picked him up and ran to the car praying that he wasn't allergic and that he wouldn't have severe swelling that would block air passageways. Lucky for us (and him!) it didn't. As a pain killer the orchard's owner sprayed Windex on it, I kid you not. It made me think of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding and I tried not to laugh while my boy was crying.To get his mind off it, the owner took us to feed carrots to some horses and Clark seemed very unafraid of letting the horse take the carrots from his hand.
The we played on this tractor for a long time.

The kids loved it.
And then Clark fell off it and hit his head on the front tire. So we decided to end that fun.At least Clark and Anna had a good time together.

Clark absolutely adores Anna and lets her pull him around everywhere.

Needless to say we were finished picking apples and took home with us only 2 apples. Total.
Hooray for apple picking! :)
Oh you poor girl. I was anticipating a bee sting at our recent apple picking... but none for us. What an adventure.
ReplyDeleteClark is looking so grown up by the way... wow.
Clark looks so TALL! Wow. Can't wait to see him (and Peter, and you two) at Christmas time. Apple picking sounds like fun. Too bad you didn't get any more apples out of it.
ReplyDeleteUhh.... Why do I not remember your "bee sting of last year?"
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDitto on the famous bee sting of last year, and the adventure, and too funny about the Windex! Glad you and the crew had fun!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't help to notice that he is wearing Oshkosh....ummm, my hometown and the best children's clothing in my opinion. Sounds like a fun activity, even with Clark hitting his head AND getting a bee sting. Glad he's ok from that.
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute! NO WAY ABOUT THE WINDEX! After seeing that movie, I've always wanted to try it on stuff. Do you think it really helped?
ReplyDelete