A police officer drove him home about an hour later. He is fine. He got a nice scrape on his elbow, but he is currently at an urgent care center to make sure that everything else really is okay. I guess he flipped over the hood of the car and landed on his head and rolled. Boy are we ever glad that he wears a helmet! The bike, though, took the brunt of it and has seen better days. In fact, it's not rideable anymore and until we get a replacement it looks like I'll be driving him to the bus stop in the early mornings (a small price to pay for a healthy husband!).
I don't know if this picture is that good, but you can see the top bar is split and the bottom is cracked. The whole frame is pretty bent as well.

I don't know what it is about us and cops lately, but as helpful as they are I hope to avoid doing things that would bring them around in the near future!!
Oh I'm so sorry.... I can remember when Greg had his bike crash and how horrifying the news is (I was pregnant too!) But it does put things into perspective. Praise those helmets.
ReplyDeleteOh wowzers! I keep waiting for the day that I get that call from Derek. Fortunately, a large majority of his commute is on a bike trail away from cars. I'm SO glad that Adrian appears to be okay from it all. Does car insurance cover bikes?
ReplyDeleteYikes! Glad he's okay. And have that baby tomorrow, would'ya. It's Judy's birthday and 8/08/08 would be cool!
ReplyDeleteI know, Gina--I keep saying that, myself. 08-08-08 a day no one would forget! But for some strange reason, I don't think it's happening...
ReplyDeleteJen--I'm pretty sure the other guy's insurance will pay for another bike. We need to get Age another helmet, though, since his has been "well-used".
That stinks, but we are also glad he is okay. When I told Micah that Adrian had been hit by a car he said, "Eh. Been there." Or something like that. Such a brother.
ReplyDeleteOH. MY. GOODNESS!!! I think my heart stopped reading this! Shawn drives a motorcycle to work (and it's far away from where we live) so I'm always terrified. Though, I have to ask... how did this happen? Was the person that hit him responsible about it? I hope everything gets taken care of and that Adrian is okay. I'm glad he went to be double checked. Gracious! How terrifying!
ReplyDeleteOh my! I am SO GLAD he had a helmet.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for helmets! We're glad that he's alright!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a scary story! Glad he is safe! And your baby bump is cute! You are such a beautiful pregnant lady! Good luck when you go to the show!
ReplyDeleteJodie,
ReplyDeleteLOVE your preggie pic. I am sure your are good and ready for this little guy. What if you had him on 08-08-08? That would be an easy birthdate to remember. Any day you have him will be a lucky day though...lucky for him because he gets a great set of parents! All my best!
-Natalie