01 August 2008

Activity #10: Shaving cream

This is a REALLY fun activity, as long as you don't mind the mess. I think it's easiest if you have a hose and can spray everything off when you're finished.

We went in the backyard with a can of shaving cream ($1 store!) and I sprayed a few surfaces (his bike seat, the turtle sandbox lid, the ground, etc.). He took the paintbrush and smeared it around. He loved the feeling of it squishing in his toes and he eventually took the paintbrush and even started painting himself.
I taught him how to press the button to squirt it, but he mostly wanted me to do that job.


When we were done, I turned on the hose and we washed everything (Clark included) clean. It was fun and made everything smell really nice!

ONE CAUTION: Don't put it on painted surfaces--it takes the paint of pretty quickly and easily. I learned this the hard way* in high school on a friend's car (oops).

*uh, maybe I didn't learn it well enough. In fact, I forgot about that incident until after I spelled Clark's name on my painted shed then quickly washed it off (but not quickly enough) and will now forever have "ark" looking back at me through the kitchen door. Don't tell Adrian...

1 comment: