20 June 2008

Obsessions

Clark and I recently have foods we are obsessed with. For me, it's ice. Maybe it's not considered a food, but I HAVE to have a cup full of these ice cubes (or ice cutes as my nephew calls them)
with maybe a little water or juice. And I need to just chomp my heart out. I joke that maybe I have pica (pagophagia)..but fortunately I'm not craving other things like laundry detergent or wood chips, so I think I'm okay. :)

Clark's obession is Frosted mini wheats, dry. Seriously. This is what he would choose to eat every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. He brings me the box about 10 times a day and asks for "mo" (more). It's all I can do to get him to include other things in his diet. At least we aren't having fiber issues around here, if you get my drift...

9 comments:

  1. I don't know if you have Sonic's or QT's there but they have the best ice for munching... and Sonic will give you a cup for free. It is a special treat. (the hopsital where I had Haylie had great ice too... maybe yours will too :-)

    mmmm. ice.. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that Clark Shark is so funny! I love seeing the things he has opinions on...I wonder what will be next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have an obsession with crushed Ice, along with Otter Pops. I eat at least a handful of Otter Pops a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went from getting Julie a snow cone every day to buying a big bag of pebbled ice and that did the trick for the lions share of the prenancy! That was almost a staple with every meal and every snack - Pebbled Ice!!! Way good to hear from you friend. This is Robbie speaking under the Julie alias :) Your family is adorable. Hopefully you aren't floating away with all that flooding back over there. Again, great hearing how things are going and wish you the best with all that's upcoming! Take care, Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right Stacy--Sonic DOES have great chomping ice, I forgot!

    And Robbie--where in the world do you buy pebbled ice??? I gotta get me some...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Clark--dry frosted mini wheats are great. They were my college study snack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clark and I would get along great. Dry Frosted Mini Wheats are my fav! Has he tried the strawberry or vanilla ones? Yum yum yum!

    And Sonic ice rules. You can go and buy it by the bag from them. Hospital ice is lovely too, but I'm sure you couldn't buy it from them. Plus, they don't have a drive-thru. ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... and Natalie.. you didn't add that the hospital would probably charge you like $75 for one bag. Sheeesh. Sonic ice is where it's at though. I went through a bag a day two summer's ago when pregnant with Carson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.. Thought I was the only one who had to get about 10 cups of crushed ice to eat! Im sure our Dentist's will looove our teeth when this is all said and done!

    ReplyDelete