No pictures, yet.
We finally made our move. Thanks to SO MUCH help we received from friends (esp. Jen and Molly!) we're here and trying hard to unpack and get settled...which is really difficult for me since the layout of this apartment is completely different than our last. Clark's room, at least, is all put together which makes it a nice haven for all of us when we need a peaceful, clean place to be. :)
There isn't much to say at this point. We have been here a total of 2 days and haven't seen a whole lot. Plus, I don't want to be negative but I liked our old place a LOT better than our new one...I already have a LIST of issues with this one. Yesterday we took a walk to the pond near our house to look at the ducks and fish. On the way back, Clark bashed his lip on a rail and Adrian stepped on a fishing hook. *Sigh* I'm afraid that those are both omens to what our life is going to be like here. Oh yeah, and we saw the missionaries in our complex yesterday and they were so excited "We've been praying for members to move into this complex! We need lots of help!" Meaning, we're the only members in this place...which isn't bad, just completely different than where we moved from.
But it's time to put on a happy face and just learn to love where we're at because we have no other choice! Life is good and I'm sure this place will grow on us. But I do already miss Orchard Glen and our friends. :)
I'm glad you guys made it safe and sound. Hug and kiss that Clark Shark for me! I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI am so sad you are gone. I am sorry we couldn't help out either... but we would have if we had been able! We are going to miss you and I can't wait until we can visit! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice though that you actually decide where you'll live. Military life doesn't give you a chance!! :). Actually, after complaining for a year about living in MS, we realize now how much we miss it. Hope you get to find good things in your new home!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you my friend!!! That's too bad though. I hoped you guys would have a smoother transition...well, i still do. good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it okay. We're looking forward to hearing more about where you live and planning when we can come visit. I'm sure it'll be tough getting used to a new place, but if you ever need to blow off steam, I'm here for you. :)
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too.
ReplyDeleteHi! My mom said the area you moved into has a lot of young families. I hope you were able to meet some people at church today. We'll be praying that you love it! :) I'm sure it's not the same as your previous home though!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's tough to beat a place full of ready-made friends, but I know you'll get a feel for where you really want to be, buy a beautiful house in your favorite neighborhood, and just love it there! At least, that's what we are praying for... Hugs all 'round!
ReplyDelete