After visiting my sister in September (who makes beautiful quilts) I got the crazy idea that I wanted to make quilts for each of my kids for Christmas. Then I actually didn't start until really late and then the 2 weeks before Christmas I stayed up until past 1:00 am every. single. night. working on them until they were at least to a point where they could be used. They were "finished" exactly on time and the best part was that my kids LOVE them. I hand-stitched a heart and the word "Mom" near the bottoms and they love finding it before going to sleep (you can just barely see it on Peter's quilt...it's stitched in orange on the dark blue square).
I loved making these for them and I'm really glad they were so well received (and loved). Makes it all worth it.

i LOVE this idea. i make baby quilts for my kids, but i think i like this better, especially the "heart mom"
ReplyDeleteThese turned out great! Glad to finally see a picture. You did the soft minky on the back, didn't you? I love making things that will (hopefully) last a very long time and be loved all along the way.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! These are adorable!! I wish I could see the close up of the "heart mom!" What a perfect touch! All your work paid off!
ReplyDelete