17 April 2012

Spring break bucket list

For spring break we created a "bucket list" of sorts (mostly to give us things to do) which included things like: stay up late and watch a movie, go to the pet store (the poor man's zoo), go get ice cream, make muddy buddies, stay up late and see the stars, have lunch with dad at work, go bike riding with friends, and go camping.

I figured this was the best week for camping since I'm not completely uncomfortable in this pregnancy and the weather is still nice and cool. So we went Friday night with some friends and had a great time. I didn't sleep well since Claire climbed into bed with me and basically kicked me off the air mattress, but that's just what you expect when you go camping, right?

Anyways, we had fun. We practically didn't even see Peter. He ran around barefoot most of the time with his best friend, Cami. Clark hung out with them most of the time as well. Overall we had a great time. My only regret (other than not sleeping) is the lack of pictures. But that's typical as well.


3 comments:

  1. I really think camping is one of the best activities for children. Here are my reasons why: 1)They will ALWAYS remember going. 2)It's cheap. 3)You don't have to entertain them. Yes, I fall off the air mattress too, and yes I never seem to take enough pictures, but I agree, it is SO WORTH GOING! I am glad you went:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how do you have Claire sleep when you go camping? I'm thinking about this summer and wondering what I'm going to do with Spencer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use a pack-and-play but since she's out of the crib, she just fell asleep next to the boys on the floor in a bunch of blankets. I think she got cold in the night, which is why she climbed in with me and refused to get off. :) I'd suggest the pack-and-play...unless you're hiking then camping. In that case, just zip him in the tent and hope for the best. (haha)

      Delete