15 August 2011

Pirate Party: part 1

Peter had a few simple requests for his birthday: 1) A pirate party 2) orange balloons 3) a fish and 4) a sprinkle doughnut for breakfast. Easy to please (wait! did I just say that about Peter? Shocking). Here are pictures from his pirate party that turned out fabulous and so fun.

The pirates getting ready for the party


I drew a map on a sheet of poster board, then we followed the steps to get to the treasure. First we dressed up like pirates (for those who didn't come in costume) and secondly we made telescopes.
After that we all got onto our couch-turned-ship and took pictures.
Next, like all good pirates, we went fishing (it was a game we already had that we didn't really play, we just used the poles and fish).

Then came "Pin the tail on the whale". It was hilarious and in the picture you can see the before and after.

After that we played "Don't eat Pirate Pete" which is a favorite around these parts. (Our printer wasn't working so I had to draw these free-handed. Don't laugh).

Lastly everyone had to "Walk the Plank!". They each took a turn walking the plank and jumping crazily into the "ocean".

Then we found the treasure! My mom had brought this awesome treasure box when she visited so we filled it with the goodie bags for the kids to take home as the treasure.


**Whew! That's all I can bear to edit and post today. I'll post the cake and decorations another day...**

5 comments:

  1. Nice Work Jodie!! I love the couch ship with the plank. Your pirates are super cute too. Looks like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, seriously, you're "free handing" of pirates amaze me. I want to be you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang Coz, you are a good party planner! I loved all of the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.k., I loved, loved, loved your pirate party! How fun was that?! Oh my goodness! You are a woman of my own heart. You really do like to plan a fun party and you're so creative! The map was classic! What a great way to chart out your party events and end up with the treasure. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This party is AMAZING!!! You are a great artist too.

    ReplyDelete