24 May 2011

Rainbow Bread

My sister gave me this idea for teachers' gifts. We made 4 loaves of rainbow bread (3 for teachers and one to keep) and we paired it with homemade strawberry freezer jam and thank-you notes. The pictures are kind of bad but you at least get the idea. My boys LOVED them and ate pretty much an entire loaf by themselves.

Coloring the dough TOOK. SO. LONG. and my arms were killing me when they were finally all colored.

All colored and ready to assemble.

Baked and sliced. Doesn't that look awesome (and very much like play-doh)??

Taste-testing. They approved.

5 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I am going to do this with my kids!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Jodie, maybe this seems obvious to everyone else, but how did you make the layers and how did you get them to bake together so well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Annalisa
    Well, Lisa, I took each color and divided it into 4 balls (4 red, 4 orange, 4 yellow, etc.). I rolled each ball to a flat rectangle and placed it into each the bread pan (purple first). I brushed a little water in between each layer to make sure they stuck. Then the rising and baking did all the rest of the work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our favorite restaurants in PA makes this bread for kids sandwiches. It think I might have to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally going to do it. i have some homeade blackberry jame that will work well for teachers gifts.

    ReplyDelete