12 February 2011

We won!

Apparently we're pretty lucky. At least this month.

Last week I won a giveaway from a blog I really like. It was my biggest win so far, and I was SO EXCITED! It came in the mail a few days ago and we have been putting it to good use ever since. What did we win?

This baby.
A dehydrator! But not just any dehydrator, the Excalibur. It's a long story, but we've been wanting one for years. At one point we chose not to be gifted a brand new one and we have seriously regretted that decision ever since. So now we finally own one and have been making dried fruit and fruit leather since it came in the mail. It's pretty much awesome.

Then, last night we went to our Stake Valentine's dance. We like to dance. It was a lot of fun. They had minute-to-win-it type games and thanks to Adrian's big mouth we won the first prize of the night. I threw jellybeans in the air and he caught them in his mouth. He caught the most in a minute (25!) so we won 2 free movie tickets.

Then, to finish off the night, there was a dance competition/dance off and we ended up winning, thanks to Adrian's crazy footwork and fun personality. I will admit, he pulled out moves I didn't know he had inside. We won a $75 gift certificate (and goodie basket) to The Melting Pot. Needless to say we had a great night.

Anyone know of any other giveaways I can enter or contests we can participate in? This may just be our month...

4 comments:

  1. WOW! It's always great to have a good run of luck. Our ward is just having a dinner for valentines, but I keep hearing about wards having dances. I think it would be fun, but it's Jason's idea of cruel and unusual punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing a giveaway on my new quilting blog! Hop on over and enter. It closes next Thursday night at midnight. Its for one of my FAVORITE books, Last minute patchwork and quilted gifts.

    Head over to silverlilysews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky!!! You finally have one too. Do you like yogurt? Take the trays out and use it to make a big batch. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL That is so AWESOME!! I love you guys. I wish I'd been there to dance with you guys and see Adrian's amazingness on the dance floor! AND to witness the giant jellybean catching exhibition. You guys are so fun!

    ReplyDelete