30 November 2010

I love my son...

...but sometimes I wish he wasn't so destructive.

Posted by Picasa

These Willow Tree figurines were the few things in my house that actually had meaning. The couple was given as a gift when Adrian and I got married and the mother holding the baby was given by my mom when we had Anna. I guess it was my fault for putting it on the top shelf of our bookshelf. :) Apparently nothing is safe in this house anymore, and probably won't be until all of our kids are all grown up and moved away. *sigh* oh well.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I'd been wondering what those things were made of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad they aren't actually made of wood like they look like huh? I'm with you. In the past week Liam has broken my sunglasses (the fourth pair this year), my paper cutter, a hanger, an ornament, my chapstik, and I can't tell you how many times he's broken Jason's glasses...I hope he grows out of it soon or I'm going to be broke fixing/replacing things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you glued them all together and put them back out on the shelf. Come on - it's really okay. Just because they are broken doesn't mean their meanings are gone. It means - they just have "added" meanings. Don't fret. I remember stapling all my favorite family pictures on the wall in the hall way and someone (you?) took scissors to all of them - the pieces were scattered in the hall. I taped them all together - rehung them - and I still have them. They mean more now - because we can laugh at how they were cut in a straight line according to the height of the little person" who did it!

    ReplyDelete