02 November 2010

Can I brag for a minute?

I made these. Without a pattern. And they FIT! I know. I'm impressed as well. :)

I love to sew, but most of the time what I have in my head doesn't quite make it into a wearable garment. I was lucky that it worked this time.
I've been seeing a lot of tutorials for baby pants on blogs I follow and I thought "I can totally do that!" I'll admit, it took me two tries. The first fabric was a regular cotton (read: no stretch) the second time was this heather knit which worked so much better! I also did have to unpick the casing and shorten the front an inch or so, but other than that everything worked out how I had hoped it to! And it was all done in an evening.
I made this shirt she's wearing also (without a pattern as well) but am not quite finished with it. I am going to sew on a pocket like on the pants. So cute!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. adorable!! sewing without a pattern AND with knit ... tricky!! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great job! and she is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. unreal. I wish being able to sew was something I could upload into my brain somehow. I'm such a lame seamstress, so I love seeing your creations! It keeps the fire burning inside me to want to be a better sew-er. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling!

    Oh, and the clothes are awesome too. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to come by and link up at Sassy Sites! people will eat this stuff UP! :) Great job!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome, Jodie! Can't wait to hug that Claire -- and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! (her and the pants) great job! seriously, t-shirt material is the pits. i dunno how you work with it so well. and she really does just get cuter all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so stinken talented! But... then again, we already knew that! And oh how that little baby of yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So SO SOOOO SO awesome!! You are amazing. Sewing is scary, but sewing without a pattern?? AND they turned out so SO SOOOO SO cute??

    You rock.

    ReplyDelete