11 February 2010

Puppets, and a two-thumbs-up review

My oldest sister, Jana, gave us this Martha Stewart puppet kit when we were in AZ. We broke them out the other day and I seriously have to hand it to Martha. These were SO easy, darling, and my boys loved them!

Essentially, the kits are are just colored bags and already-assembled pieces that you stick to it. The bird that Clark has came practically all done. The wings were already ruffled and put together. He just un-peeled the sticker part and stuck it to the bag. Same with the breast feathers and the head feathers.

Peter did this lion. The head/mane were already assembled. We just un-peeled the sticker and stuck it to the bag. We stuck on the ears, eyes, nose, teeth, and arms and tail. So easy. And non-frustrating for the boys.

No cutting, gluing, or extra pieces/equipment required.


(We also had a pig and a frog in the kit that were made at another time)

I think if your kids are older, then this might not be as fun since a lot of the work is already done for you. But for my almost 4-yr-old and 18-month-0ld, this activity was PERFECT.

Jana also gave us this kit and I can't wait to try them!

Thanks, so much, Jana!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad your boys had fun. My kids ARE older and still think those kits are a blast.

    I think Matt prefers the balloon kits...easier to kick, throw, and punch when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a couple of those, too. Jane just loves the bird--she played with it for days. good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are DARLING! Way to go Jana! What a great find. I think even Neils would be thrilled with a project like that, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete