Well, you may have noticed the lack of posts lately (including a lack of Halloween and Thanksgiving pictures) but we've been busy and I've been trying to spend less time on the computer. So I don't really feel guilty. But now that it's December we're, oddly enough, not nearly as busy. Savior of the World is over, my Christmas shopping is almost complete, My Christmas sewing projects are done, so now I am really struggling with keeping myself and my children entertained.
We leave for Arizona in a few weeks and I am way too excited. I feel like I am just hemming and hawing until we go. I am in need of some ideas that will keep my children (and myself) entertained for the rest of the month! Are any of you doing fun things with your children that doesn't really require leaving your house? I feel like I've exhausted all of my ideas and we're all getting antsy.
So, send me ideas, links, pictures, etc. Aaaaaand, GO!
Thank you kindly.
your Christmas sewing projects are complete? Girl, I haven't even started. Hope you find some fun things to do, I know what I'll be doing! xo
ReplyDeleteI wish I had some cool newideas for you! I have some favorite websites, but I doubt they'd be new to you.
ReplyDeleteedhelper.com (you have to have a subscription though)
dltk-kids.com is another good one
Any place that has good preschool printable worksheets typically has great crafts and other such ideas.
Have you started baking yet? I posted a recipe for some cinnamon dough ornaments on one of my blogs: http://farleyfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com. I can't wait to get going on that one! I also like those gingerbread kits from the store. They have trees, Santa's sleigh, houses (of course) as well as others I can't remember.
Hope these help.. but they may be tired. I'd also say make some Christmas cards or gift tags. :)
have your kids make some homeade christmas presents so they have something to give away....you can get cheap craft ideas at walmart.
ReplyDelete--puffy paint t-shirts
--paint picture frames and have them draw a picture to go in it
--sew pillows
--pop up christmas cards
--make "Grandma" sock puppets and have them get a puppet show ready.
Cute ideas! I was going for something you literally wouldn't leave the house for... paper chains to decorate with, paper snowflakes (I've had kids tear them when they were really too little for scissors and they had a great time).
ReplyDeleteI envy you! I, as always, am terrified to start my sewing projects! Hope you find lots of fun things to do until Arizona! Love you guys SO much!
I'm sure you've seen this, but I thought of you when I saw it!
ReplyDeletehttp://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=4241