After playing Ticket to Ride last night (which Jodie worked me at while she was talking on the phone) I checked the local Craigslist for free stuff. The first thing on the list was a free chest freezer and it had only been posted 5 minutes before I checked. I called the guy and I was the first. During our short conversation to get his address he told me that the freezer was far from new (at least 5 times). He was right. It is old and bit rusty, but it works (and it was free). It took 4 of us to load and unload it. It is nice to have good friend and a couple of young guys living behind us.
So here's the beaut.
The guy also loaded me up with veggies from his huge garden.

We LOVE ticket to ride too! It is the USA Edition, right? We played them all, and it's the best.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know about this ticket to ride. That is sweet!
ReplyDeleteI just reread your post. I thought you could get free stuff on some ticket to ride website. Ha ha. I must be tired =)
ReplyDeleteThose veggies look soo good! What a great find of a freezer too! I know that we had a hard time before we got ours in December. I freeze everything!
ReplyDeleteOur favorite Ticket to Ride is actually the Europe (and Swiss expansion) version. To be honest, I think the USA version is my least favorite...but that's just me.
ReplyDeleteAnd Yay for a free crappy-looking, but working freezer!
Oh, lucky. I expect it will soon be filled with 18 different kinds of ice cream? And maybe some orange dream bars as well.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I take credit for Jodie's awesome win the other night. It was my karma coming through the phone. :) Just kidding. She's just got mad skills. Multi-tasking is what being a mom is all about.
SWEET! Especially all the free garden veggies! May it serve you well for many moons!
ReplyDeleteAND... I still can't get over how Jodie CREAMED us all playing Dutch Blitz. While nursing. Standing up. Mad skills is right, lady!
We love TTR too! We have Swiss Map and USA. It's hard to pick a favorite; each has a slightly different strategy.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah for a house big enough to store a deep-freeze!