You may or may not remember the post I did last year on Clark's bear, Bear. It is his best friend...to put it lightly. It is a maroon-red bear that was given to him by my mom about a year and a half ago and it. is. nasty. He usually sucks his thumb while rubbing Bear's hands or feet and at one point shoved both eyes inside so only the white stuffing showed. Being the good mom I am, I have not thrown Bear away, yet. I regularly give him baths (in the washing machine), I've given him surgery (I completely replaced the disgusting stuffing with new, clean stuff), I've reattached his eyes a number of times, I've tried brushing him to make his fur less scraggly (though it didn't improve his looks too much), and I've even put up with Clark's attempts to take Bear to the store or to church.
Knowing that it is a possibility that Peter may become attached to a stuffed animal as well, I made sure to buy him the cutest, softest, puppy and I regularly give it to him when he goes to sleep. I figure, if he's going to be seen with a "lovey" it'd had better be a cute one. But do you think Peter loves it as much as I do?
Of course not.
But did you guess what Peter DOES love?
That's right. Bear.

Peter will laugh and coo at Bear as if
they are actually the best of friends, not Clark and Bear. Whenever Clark sets Bear down, Peter makes a beeline for him. And Peter is quick. He usually gets to Bear and has an arm or leg in his mouth before Clark notices it. Clark will rip him away from Peter and then Peter will watch until Clark sets him down again. Then it starts over.
Today Clark came crying to me because Bear's ears were wet.

Now I wish I had gotten rid of that thing
before he started causing contention around here.
That's too funny! I have friend who's kids are attached to cloth diapers...Hannah never took a pacifier, but she used to suck on the tail of her doggie until it was threadbare..I always wondered if she would choke on a hairball...
ReplyDeleteI am so nervous that baby is going to to this with Lillian's blanky. We even went back to the store and tried to find another just like it, but apparently after 3 years they stopped selling it.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck. Sounds...fun :D
I NEVER would have guessed. Bear must be made with catnip or something!
ReplyDeleteSo funny. Micah still thinks you should slowly "replace" Bear by taking on limb off at a time and putting on a new one. I think it is understandable, though. Peter wants to be like Clark. He likes what Clark likes. It'll be fun to see how the rivalry plays out . . .
ReplyDeleteVery funny!
ReplyDeleteTouching story...yet gross, haha! I think it's time for bear to say his goodbyes. You've done all you can for him =)
ReplyDeleteOh no! That is so funny! And sad. Poor Bear. Poor Clark. It's just a tragedy all around. :)
ReplyDelete