1. Draw some hearts and a body shape. Let your child paint the shapes.

2. Let it dry.

3. Cut out the painted shapes and glue hearts onto construction paper as wings. Then glue on the body.
4. If your child really likes gluing (like Clark does) then cut out extra hearts for him to glue around the butterfly. And please notice the tongue.
5. Glue pom-poms onto the butterfly wings and a pipe cleaner as the antennae. And make sure your child is sticking his tongue out again.
6. Draw a smiley face onto the butterfly (or use googly-eyes) and admire your work!
This activity is a modified version of this.
Great idea!! Oh and I love the tongue sticking out. That's Clark for ya. LOL!!
ReplyDeleteJodie, you amaze me with all these crafts! I get nervous at the idea of my boys and wet paint in the same room. I should get over that and kid crafty like you. And buy a tarp.
ReplyDelete