Then took a long time, but eventually became this.
Then at 350* for about 15 minutes, they turned into this.
Once cooled and popped out--these are our new crayons. Awesome.
**Now if anyone wants to share the secret for getting crayon wax out of our muffin tin, that'd be helpful. We may have to chalk that one up to a craft tin now. Oh well. **
I love making homemade crayons, I usually will use a cupcake paper before I put the crayons in. Hope all is well with you and your fun family:)
ReplyDeleteWe did the same thing, and couldn't get the wax out. It's now a craft tin. Which is great because there are so many uses for it. Paints, color sorting, art supply holder etc...
ReplyDeletedid you spray the tin w/ non-stick spray? or maybe that would have made the crayons greasy? i wonder if the paper would be easy to peel off, if you used cupcake liners? i've seen this idea before and have always wanted to try it ... so cute! and good luck breaking THOSE fatty crayons, clark! ;)
ReplyDeleteI REMEMBER DOING THAT IN PRESCHOOL WITH YOUR MOM! FUN! THANKS FOR POSTING HOW TO! I'M SO EXCITED TO TRY THIS WITH MY KIDS! YAY!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jodie, if you need another craft one, you might want to look at a thrift store... Super cheap for many uses that don't include cooking.... =) I love the idea though and I bet there are some awesome colors that come out of the swirly ones!
ReplyDeleteI used to use the candy molds from Joanns or Michael's for like $1.99 and they have fun shapes for the kids like animals and stuff. I think I might have to do that when Kingston is done breaking all of his...
ReplyDeleteWhat a FANTASTIC idea! I LOVE it! And I especially love the swirly mix of colors it produces, not to mention the GIGANTIC crayon it produces also!
ReplyDeleteso fun! Good idea! As for cleaning, i'd suggest putting it back in the oven long enough to heat up the wax again, and take a paper towel to wipe out each cup, then a wet one before it cools. Never done it myself, but i hope that helps!
ReplyDeleteWhere do you get your great ideas!!! I've got to try this one!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe freeze the tin? Then, try to chip out all the wax?
ReplyDeleteYou are so full of great ideas! I love it! I tried the indoor snow in the sink last week and Joshua got the biggest kick out of it! Keep sharing!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this idea! LOL. awesome.
ReplyDelete