10 November 2008

Glad it's over

We had one heck of a day yesterday. I was seriously counting down until Clark's bedtime. He was just on one yesterday.

It started with this:
(It's hard to see but yes, it's crayon. On the carpet. *sigh*)

Then went to this:
(He threw all the books off so he could park his cars on the shelf.)

It included Clark being bit on the thumb by a kid in nursery--because he shoved his thumb in the kid's mouth.

And ended with him purposely hitting Peter in the face because I was holding him instead of Clark.

Goodness. This was even after his short nap before church. Luckily he didn't wake up until 8:45 this morning, happy as a clam. Today is looking much better...

7 comments:

  1. I feel for you. There are those days that I just mentally close my eyes, hold my breath and say to myself, "Bedtime will come!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to feel guilty looking at the clock as nighttime creeped - oh so slowly - hoping that the kids would just chill for a moment and then I it hit me and I realized I'm only human and I can handle only so much. Bedtime is usually my favorite time of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's worse with the time change. Sunday night rolls around and we're all excited to get Simon ready for bed. It's been dark for hours. Then we look at the clock and it's not even 6:30. And a 6:30 bedtime just doesn't happen with this boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Yes, those are the days we will laugh at someday. Just not necessarily today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, what a day! Any luck getting the crayon out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is time for you to get out the book, "Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day." Not so much for Clark (he may be a little young for that one) but to put a smile on your face. Gotta love days like that.

    Do you have Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (the sponge). It might work really well to get the crayon out of the carpet. It is one of my best friends as a teacher. Seriously...whoever invented it is a genius and should get a Nobel Peace Prize for children. When I was given it from a parent and saw how it got everything off of walls and desks....I went to town! I thought it was SO cool! I decided I wanted to draw on the walls with crayons just to get the thrill of using it - to see it erase! I felt like a kid all over again! It may work wonders on the carpet too. Just a thought. Let me know if you try it. It will seriously become one of your best friends!

    Have a better day!

    ReplyDelete